As a ParentsNext provider, Community Solutions works with participants to help them identify their education and employment goals, develop a pathway to achieve their goals and link them to activities and services in the local community. In doing so, we can work with participants to address barriers such as:
- access to transport
- lack of confidence, work experience or education and training
- cultural and linguistic differences
- access to childcare
- lack of family support
- unstable / unaffordable accommodation
- presence of domestic and family violence
- mental and physical health concerns
ParentsNext can also provide information and connections with other service providers including (but not limited to) financial advisors, counsellors and psychologists, affordable childcare, peer and social supports, accommodation and housing support..
Community Solutions delivers ParentsNext services to eligible participants in Central and North Queensland (Mackay, Cannonvale and Bowen), the Fraser Coast (Maryborough and Hervey Bay) and Sunshine Coast (Bokarina, Nambour, Coolum, Noosa and Gympie) regions.
Eligible participants include:
- families whose youngest child is under six years of age and who have had no employment for the last six months
- parents who are required to participate in ParentsNext as a condition of receiving Parenting Payments
- parents who wish to participate on a voluntary basis (in some locations)