What makes you eligible for the DES program?
A job seeker is eligible for DES if they:
- have a disability, mental ill-health, injury or health condition that impacts your ability to find and keep a job. This includes mental health and wellbeing, physical and social disabilities.
- are aged at least 14 and pension age.
- are at or above the minimum legal working age in their State or Territory.
- can work for or have a future work capacity of at least 8 hours per week.
- are an Australian resident.
- are not studying full time (unless the job seeker is an Eligible School Leaver).
- and, are not working at or above their Employment Benchmark hours (not applicable for Job in Jeopardy Participants).
Also, a job seeker must be one of these:
- An Australian citizen
- The holder of a Permanent Resident Visa
- The holder of a Temporary Protection Visa
- Or, the holder of a Special Category Visa.
Choosing Community Solutions as your Disability Employment Services provider
Rest assured with us as your choice of DES provider. As we:
- have placed over 800 people with disability in the last year
- know the jobs in your local area
- know the employers
- have been part of the community for over twenty years
- will take the time to learn about your unique strengths and abilities
- will match your skills with the right job
- And, we’re part of a National Network of community service providers. Together, we create opportunities for Australia’s disadvantaged.
Learn about the benefits of our Disability Employment Services for job seekers.