jobactive Job Seekers
Our team work with you to find the right job with the right employer.
We partner with you on your employment journey and can provide you with:
- Job seeking skills: resume writing and interview training
- Training and upskilling: access to training courses to get you the job you want
- Placement support: the tools to get you started in your new job which may include transport assistance, work clothing, personal protective equipment and ongoing training and licensing
- Follow up: we keep in touch with you and your employer to make sure everyone is happy and help to keep you in your new job
jobactive services are available if you receive an income payment from the Australian Government such as Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment and have mutual obligation requirements in return for your payment.
To find out if you are eligible for jobactive contact the Australian Government Department of Human Services to assess your circumstances.
To keep receiving your payments while we are working together to find you a job there are a few things you will need to do such as:
- Attend regular appointments with your jobactive consultant
- Complete job searches
- Act on referrals we give you for jobs in your local region
Don’t worry, your jobactive consultant will explain everything and work with you to help you meet your obligations.
You can get help from our jobactive teams in:
- Hervey Bay